Friday 10 January 2014

Looking back at the preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?


I have learnt a lot throughout the process of creating my media product:

.Technologies (As I have already expanded on in my earlier post) -Photography
                                                                                                  -Using Adobe Photoshop
                                                                                                  -Using Adobe InDesign
.I have learnt how to analyse music magazines and in which I have learnt to be more aware of design techniques used for different effects in music magazines, which has helped me a lot in designing my own music magazine, such as layout used to attract the readers- competitions, images, facing pages, straplines.
. I have learnt to manage my time better as we had to create the music magazine pages on a tight schedule.
.I have learnt how to carry out quantitative and qualitative research which has really helped me in designing my magazine. Through this I have learnt how to create a correct/helpful questionnaire that helped me in the researching process.




.I have learnt the importance of brand names and their connotations. This helped me a lot when creating my brand identity for my music magazine because I had to think about want my target audience would want in a brand- this is also was helped by my quantitative and qualitative research.



If I were to do this task again I would spend a little bit more time on editing my images, in Photoshop, for my music magazine as I do not believe that all of them were as professional as I would have liked however I had to move on due to the time constraints of the project. 
However apart from this I am very pleased with my finished music magazine. I think it has a professional quality to it and that it would attract my target audience just like a real music magazine would.

No comments:

Post a Comment